CureVac AG is aware that your privacy protection is important to you when you use our website. We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. This is why we would like you to know which data we save and how we use it. This data privacy statement informs you about our measures to protect your privacy.
All employees of CureVac AG are obliged to maintain data confidentiality in accordance with section 5 of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
In principle, you can use our website without disclosing any of your personal data. Each time you access our website, your access data is saved in a log file on the server of our provider. This data set is made up of your IP address, request date and time, the name of the requested file and the file name used for requesting the file, volume of data transferred, and access status, a description of the web browser and operating system used as well as the name of your internet service provider. This data is collected for technical reasons. It is analyzed purely for statistical purposes and with no personal reference. If data is sent to external service providers, we ensure that by using technical and organizational measures, we comply with the data privacy regulations.
Personal data is only collected if you provide us with the data by, for example, filling out a form or sending an email as part of a query or request for information (including digital information).
The database and its contents remain in our company, CureVac AG, and our provider. Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties in any form by us or persons appointed by us unless you have agreed to this or an administrative order requires this or it is necessary to process an established contractual relationship.
The personal data that we collect from you is only used to provide you with the information you requested or for other purposes to which you have agreed, provided there are no opposing legal obligations.
You have the right to check and correct all your personal data that is saved by us if you believe that it is out of date or incorrect. An email to the address below is sufficient for this purpose.
You have the right to revoke your agreement to the use of your personal data in the future at any time. An email to the address below is sufficient for this purpose.
We only store personal data for as long as it is necessary to have the information available, provided there are no opposing legal obligations such as ongoing legal proceedings.
Cookies are small text files that are saved locally in the cache of a user’s web browser. Cookies enable websites to recognize the user’s web browser to optimize and easy use of the website. This data is not used to personally identify the user of the website. Most browsers are set up so that they automatically accept cookies. You can, however, deactivate saving of cookies or adjust your browser so that you are informed when cookies are created. In this case the functionality of our website may be reduced.
You can decide whether an unambiguous web analytics cookie may be stored in your browser to enable the provider of the website to collect and analyze various types of statistical data.
If you decide against it, please click on the following link to store the Piwik deactivation cookie in your browser.
Your visit to this website is currently tracked by Piwik web analytics. Please click here so that your visit is not tracked.
By using this website, you state that you agree to Piwik processing data collected about you in the way and for the purpose described above.
(1) We currently use the following social media plugins: Facebook, LinkedIn]. We use 2-click social medial buttons for this purpose. This means that when you visit our web page, by default no personal data is transmitted to the providers of these plugins. You can identify the provider in the gray link box if you hover with the cursor over the logo of the social media plugin. Only when you click on a plug-in personal data is transmitted: Upon activation, the data is automatically transferred to the respective plugin provider and stored there (in case of US social media providers in North America). We do not have any influence over what data is collected nor data processing measures nor are we aware of the full extent of the data collection, the purposes for which the data is collected or how long the data is stored.
Because the plugin provider primarily collects data using cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies in your cache in the security settings of your browser before clicking on the gray box.
(2) If you activate a plugin, the plugin provider receives the information that you have activated the relevant subpage of our website. The data listed in section 4 of this disclaimer are transferred, with only an anonymized IP address collected in Germany in the case of Facebook and Xing, according to statements of the respective provider. This happens regardless of whether you have an account with this plugin provider and are logged into such account. If you are logged into the plugin provider, this data is linked directly to your account. If you click on the activated button and, for example link to the page, the plugin provider also stores this information in your user account and shares this publicly with your contacts. If you do not want linking to your social media profile, you must log out before activating the button.
(3) The plugin provider stores this data as user profiles and uses it for advertising, market research, and/or any required modification of its website. This data analysis is primarily (also for users not logged in), to present tailored advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to refuse to have such a user profile created by contacting the respective plugin provider.
(4) Other information about the purpose and scope of the data collected and its processing by the plugin provider is available from the data privacy statements of these providers listed below. You will also find additional information there about your rights in this regard and settings options to protect your privacy.
(5) Addresses of the particular providers and URL with the data privacy policies:
Please be aware that when communicating online (e.g. by email), it is not possible to ensure complete privacy, confidentiality and security.
CureVac AG implements technical and organizational security measures to protect the data you provide against accidental or deliberate manipulation, loss, destruction, or access by unauthorized persons. Our security measures are regularly reviewed in light of technological developments. If personal data is collected and processed, the information is transmitted in unencrypted form. Please therefore provide as little personal data as possible.
You have the right to request information, at no cost to you, about what data about you is stored and for what purpose the data is stored.
If you have any problems, questions, or suggestions about data privacy, please contact CureVac AG by email and we will happily help you. The ongoing development of the internet means that we adjust our data privacy statement from time to time. We reserve the right to make appropriate changes at any time.
Email contact: datenschutz(at)curevac.com