We welcome you to our website and appreciate your interest in our company. CureVac AG is aware that your privacy protection is important to you when you use our website. We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. Therefore, we would like you to know which personal data we save and how we use it. The following informs you about the collection of personal data when visiting our website. Personal data are all data that make you identifiable, e.g. name, address, e-mail address, user behavior.
§1 Controller and data protection officer
(1) Controller acc. Art. 4 para. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
T +49 7071 9883 - 0
represented by: Daniel L. Menichella (Board Chairman)
(2) Our data protection officer contact
Data Protection Officer
§2 Collection and processing of personal data
(1) In principle, you can use our website without disclosing any of your personal data. Personal data is only collected if you provide us with the data by, for example, filling out a form or sending an e-mail as part of a query or request for information (including digital information). The personal data that we collect from you is only used to provide you with the information you requested or for other purposes to which you have agreed, provided there are no opposing legal obligations.
(2) Your personal data will be erased or blocked when the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed cease. Personal data may be processed by the data controller under Union or Member State law or rules established by national competent bodies. Restriction of processing or erasure will happen when the restriction period expires.
(3) In case of use of our website for informational purposes, i.e when not providing personal data by using forms or sending e-mail, we only process data that your browser transmits to our server. If you want to view our website, we process the following data to present our website and ensure stability and safety of our website based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit f GDPR:
- IP address
- request date and time
- time difference to Greenwich mean time (GMT)
- location of the user: country, region, city, approximate latitude and longitude
- title of the page being viewed
- URL of the page being viewed
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page
- the name of the requested file and the file name used for requesting the file
- links to an outside domain
- access status/HTTP-status code
- volume of data transferred
- web browser language, version, and plug-ins
- screen resolution being used
- operating system and user interface
- device type, brand, and model
- pages generation time
- the name of your internet service provider
The database and its contents remain in our company, CureVac AG, and with our provider. Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties in any form by us or persons appointed by us unless you have agreed to this or an administrative order requires this or it is necessary to process an established contractual relationship.
(4) If you contact us by e-mail or contact form, the provided information (e-mail address, e-mail content, resp. name, etc.) will only be processed for answering your request and for subsequent requests. Personal data will not be disclosed in this context to third parties. Basis for processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. If the e-mail contact purpose is conclusion of an agreement, then Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b also applies accordingly.
§3 Your rights
(1) You shall have the following rights in respect of your personal data:
- to obtain from us confirmation about the processed personal data, esp. purposes of processing, the categories of personal data concerned, recipients, envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data, the right to object to processing of personal data, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, where personal data have not been obtained from the data subject the source and existence of automated decision-making, including profiling
- to request rectification of incomplete or erasure of inaccurate personal data, acc. Art. 16 GDPR
- to obtain erasure acc. Art. 17 GDPR
- to demand restriction of processing concerning the data, if accuracy is contested, if you oppose the erasure, if processing is unlawful, if the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or you objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 1
- to object on grounds relating to his or her particular situation where processing is based on Art. 6 para. 1 f
- to receive the personal data concerning you acc. Art. 20 in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to transmit those data to another controller (right to data portability)
- to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal
If you wish to exercise one or more of your rights, you can always contact one of our employees or representatives.
(2) You shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular at your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement. The authority competent for us is:
Landesbeauftragter für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit in Baden Württemberg
T +40711 615541 - 0
F +49711 615541 - 15
Cookies are small text files that are saved locally in the cache of a user’s web browser. Cookies enable websites to recognize the user’s browser to optimize and easy use of the website. This data is not used to personally identify the user of the website. Most browsers are set up so that they automatically accept cookies. You can, however, deactivate saving of cookies or adjust your browser so that you are informed when cookies are created. In this case the functionality of our website may be reduced.
§5 Use of Matomo Analysis
You can decide whether an unambiguous web analytics cookie may be stored in your browser to enable the provider of the website to collect and analyze various types of statistical data. If you decide against it, please click on the following link to store the Matomo deactivation cookie in your browser.
Your visit to this website is currently tracked by Matomo Analytics. Please click here so that your visit is not tracked.
By using this website, you state that you agree to Matomo processing data collected about you in the way and for the purpose described above.
§6 Use of social media
(1) We currently use the following social media channels: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube. On these websites, the data privacy statements of the respective providers apply.
(2) On our website, we provide links to these social media channels. This means that when you visit our web page, by default no personal data is transmitted to the providers of these social media channels. Only when you click on a link, personal data is transmitted to the respective provider and stored there (in case of US social media providers in North America). We do not have any influence over what data is collected nor data processing measures nor are we aware of the full extent of the data collection, the purposes for which the data is collected or how long the data is stored. Because the provider in particularly collects data using cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies in your cache in the security settings of your browser before clicking on the link.
(3) The provider stores this data as user profiles and uses it for advertising, market research, and/or any required modification of its website. This data analysis is primarily (also for users not logged in), to present tailored advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to refuse to have such a user profile created by contacting the respective provider.
(4) From our social media presences, we derive statistic data of various categories such as total number of page views, likes, page activities, post interactions, video views, post reach, comments, shared content, answers, share of male and female users, origin in respect to country and city, language as well as clicks on telephone numbers. We use this data to make the pages more attractive. Information about the purpose and scope of the data collected and its processing by the provider is available from the data privacy statements of these providers listed below. You will also find additional information there about your rights in this regard and settings options to protect your privacy.
(5) Addresses of the particular providers and URL with the data privacy policies:
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA resp. Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2 Ireland; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; other information about data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084.
- LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA resp. LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Irland; https://www.linkedin.com/legal/preview/privacy-policy.
- Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy.
- YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA; https://support.google.com/youtube.
§7 Security risks when communicating online
CureVac AG implements technical and organizational security measures to protect the data you provide against accidental or deliberate manipulation, loss, destruction, or access by unauthorized persons. Our security measures are regularly reviewed in light of technological developments. If personal data is collected and processed, the information is transmitted in unencrypted form. Please therefore provide as little personal data as possible.
Please be aware that when communicating online (e.g. by e-mail), it is not possible to ensure complete privacy, confidentiality, and security.
We do not use automated decision-making or profiling.
The ongoing development of the internet means that we have to adjust our data privacy statement from time to time. We reserve the right to make appropriate changes at any time.